Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Time to Shut It Down Again?

My long runs the past two weeks: 12 miles and 14 miles. The latter proved especially successful, finishing with a 10:09 pace. Everything felt in order then and the next day when I did my recovery run. Unfortunately, later that day and on into the next morning, my foot started to hurt, that same twinge of pain that eventually led me to shutting it down three months ago. This time I have been more careful, but something I did in the last two or three runs has left me concerned that my running days are over, perhaps for the season. That would mean no training and no racing for the next several months. I cannot in words express how devastating that would be, the depths of depression to which I would fall would drain my soul. Over dramatic? Probably, but running has done something for me that nothing else can. I need it in my life. I need to get lost doing it; lost in thought, especially. I have a race this coming weekend, a 25k in Roanoke. Will that be the last one for a long while? I hope not. I will keep you up-to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment